WHY SHOULD YOU BEGIN YOUR DAY WITH YOUR WORKOUT
“Should I workout in the morning or evening?” “What time of the day is the most optimum for muscle growth/fat loss?” Listen, in my honest opinion, get your workout in everyday, the time really doesn’t matter. However, recently I’ve been working out at 6.30am due to other commitments later on in the day and I have to say, I really enjoyed it! I used to usually train at 4pm or later in the night, but since I’ve started going early in the morning, I’ve seen a lot of changes, not the changes physically(cause time does not matter), but there are benefits to training first thing in the morning.
1. I noticed that I’m way more energetic and ready for the day.
2. Completing one of my fundamentals for the day. Hitting the gym everyday is a way of life for me now and is on high priority to me every single day. So, completing it first gives a sense of satisfaction
3. It helps me keep a check on what I eat during the day! Yes, kind of weird but working my butt off helps me to watch what I eat throughout the day.
4. Gives me more time in the day- I get much more time to do other activities for the day.
5. If you are the person who reduces carbs as the day goes by,(mind you, I’m not advocating for no carbs after 6pm) working out early is a great option.
6. You have a structured pattern to follow- at least at the start of day. You’re 100% sure of 1 activity for the day.
7. Waking up early has its benefits- one of it being giving you more hours to work for the day plus a really good night’s sleep.
8. Speaking of sleep, you have more hours-You complete work earlier- YOU CAN REST EARLY, clearly getting in 6hrs, 6 quality hours of rest and recovery i.e. sleep
So, the bottom line of this post-
If you are wanting to workout early or are even contemplating to do so- go ahead and do so. Just be sure to see that eat before you exercise. Now, if cardio is what you aim to do, then yes, fasted state cardio is a possible, but DO NOT weight train without consuming a nutritious meal before hitting the weights. But Josh, I don’t feel like eating in the morning! If so, then “drink” your meal- in the form of smoothies, have oats, consume fruits like bananas etc. Just make it work.